This department is responsible for supervising the manner by which the
denomination of origin "Vinho Verde" is used by producers registered with the
CVRVV and by the trade. To do so, the Statutes place several instruments at its disposal:
- Viticultural Register of the vineyards (Article 7 from the statutes).
- Inspection of producers' storage, vinification and bottling facilities (Article 16).
- Examination of stocks of wine, spirits, seals and labels kept on producers' premises (Article 16).
- Supervision of exports (Article 18).
- In specific situations, control of wines, musts and grapes such as to order storage and bottling, etc. (Article 18).
- Collection of samples in shops, in and outside the Vinho Verde region (Article 18).
- Collection of samples from producer's premises (Article 16).
- Compulsory registration of producers (Article 17).
- Other specific supervisory measures (Article 20).